Walk Like You Have Somewhere To Go by Lucille O'Neal with Allison Samuels. Lucille O'Neal is the mother of basketball great Shaquille O'Neal and in here she shares her life in a very simple way. The book will grab your attention quickly, and will hold onto it. I enjoyed the style of the writing and the length of the chapters, it is just perfect. The book is only 225 pages and since it holds your attention so well you will discover you have read the whole book very quickly. I received this copy from Thomas Nelson to review for them, and I am so glad I did.
Lucille O'Neal tells her story and the process she went through to change "From Mental Welfare to Mental Health". Most everyone can relate to her because she shares the facts of her life and also opens her heart in a very sincere and meaningful way. Her story is very inspiring and gives all of us an insight into social and moral issues that she had to deal with. She shares a story about the Reverend Hartsfield, in Chapter 6, and how he has impressed and improved her life until present day. As you read this book take special note of that Chapter and you will understand how much help he was for her.
If you get the chance to read this, take it. It is not a 'basketball' story, it is a simple but hard story of a woman with a great deal of courage. She knew what she wanted and she was going to get it, although she knew the road would be a tough one.....but not tougher than Lucille O'Neal..













Sounds like a good one, Molly!.. It's supposed to be a gorgeous day out today! I hope you'll be enjoying it too! ~tina
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a really good one Molly. Even the title is a grabber.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like a great read. I just received one from Barbara Richard's agent to read and p[ost about it too and it is called "Guest House." I hope it is as good as this one seems to be that you got to read.... :) Debb
ReplyDelete