I was given a copy of Lead Like Ike by Geoff Loftus by Thomas Nelson to review for them. Mr. Loftus gives us a look at how Dwight D. Eisenhower would lead the military forces of several nations that woud defeat Hitler and Germany in this book. His intent was for the leaders of today to learn by observing from the CEO of D-Day, he takes us from the organization of his men to the actual D-Day.
When you read through this book you will find yourself in the command post of the Allied Forces. You will see how fascinating it is to see the interaction between the different personalities of WWII. I enjoy reading History and therefore I enjoyed reading this book, but if you happen to be a leader you will learn many things from this book.
Mr. Loftus not only shows us Eisenhowers fine strength but he also shows us leadership strategies while he interjects applications of these strategies throughout the narrative. Plus at the end of each chapter he also provides notes which focus on the lessons inthis fine story.
Dwight D. Eisenhower successfully fulfilled his missions and the reader gets to see how many times he failed. You are also able to learn from these failures as well as from the successes.
I think any person that reads this book will come away with more understanding of Ike than they had before. Plus I think you will understand the strategies that go into military manuvers or practices, and will have a more positive feeling for them than you did before.
.
By Their Fruits...
20 hours ago













This sounds like quite an interesting book. I also like books about history. I read 'Team of rivals' a while ago and thought it was one of the most interesting books I have ever read.
ReplyDelete