Worm Facing Front Small stack of books Scared Worm Facing FRONT

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Same Kind Of Different


I received a free copy of Same Kind Of Different As Me from Thomas Nelson publishers to read and write a review for them.  This is a facvtual book but while reading it you get the feeling that it could easily be fiction.  It is about two friends and each person takes turns telling their part, Ron tells his part and then Denver takes over and tells his part.

Now Ron Hall is an Art Dealer that travels all over the world to buy and to sell his expensive pieces of art.  In living in this manner he has become very wealthy and very self-centered.  He is growing away from his family and his wife thought it might help him to do some volunteer work at a homeless shelter so he could see how others have to live.

Now while  working there he meets a man, Denver Moore, that grew up in Louisiana as a sharecropper, which as it turns out is not much different than the way his older relatives had lived.  But he decided to leave Fort Worth, Texas as perhaps life would be easier for him.  The two men meet as one is serving food and the other is there to receive it.

It is hard for Ron to get Denver's personality to break but they finally do make friends even though they are two men from two different worlds.  They go through a tragedy together and as it ends up each man ends up teaching the other man about his own life. 

This books ends up making you feel like it is a novel because it ends up being just too good to be true.  Everything the men write let you know that their worlds are almost completely opposite and this shows what can happen if we all open our minds and our hearts and just give each other a chance.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Molly this book sounds like something I would love to read! I think the problem with the world is just too much hate and unfortunately there are so many people who won't open up their minds or hearts to others.

    Hugs XX
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Molly! This sounds like a good one! It's funny.. I was just watching a rerun of Oprah yesterday, and this show featured Susan Boyle at her first audition for (British version?) of Amer. Idol... The more I see the faces that people made, after only just LOOKING at her, the more disgusted, bothered, angry.. just all around UPSET I feel that they are SO SHALLOW and HEARTLESS. What bothers me even more is that these kind of "haters" do not stand alone by any means.. Everytime I've seen the replay of SB's first audition, it makes me cry, in sadness AND joy. Susan is FAR more beautiful than the judgemental "haters" will EVER be! They are truly the ugly ones, and are just too blind and ignorant to even realize it. I just wonder how many of them are CLAIMING to be Christians?.. BUT I guess that's not my place to judge, nor even question anyway, right? I have to give that kind of thing to God! (Sound familiar?!!!).. It SHOULD, as I just wanted to tell you I finished the book, The Heart Mender! LOVED it, and could read it again and again! Chapter 9 and 11 were my favorites! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Molly - that sounds like a great book to read while lounging in a hammock with a fruity drink....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Molly, just stopping in on the blog hop! I have this book too and am looking forward to getting into it - especially after reading your review.

    Hope you'll swing by my blog at Http://onebookshy.blogspot.com

    Have a great weekend,
    Jules

    ReplyDelete

So glad you came by, tell me what you think about this place. I also would like to visit you, where did you come from?