Worm Facing Front Small stack of books Scared Worm Facing FRONT

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Sewing To Quilts To Crying--I Loved It






As we all know Nancy Zieman is one talented lady, she can sew anything and she also explains things to the TV World while she is looking at it upside down. I have enough problems with my projects when they are right side up. This book, Sewing With Nancy, is 144 pages of pure information and how to's. She goes all the way from getting the project materials together, sewing basics, assembling the fabric pieces and even sewing your own lingerie. Now this may sound like a fancy book but trust me Nancy explains it and makes it sounds so simple. The good thing is that if this book lives at your house you can read it over and over, no more library fees....how cool is that?


A Victorian Christmas Quilt is one book with 4 different stories inside written by the following 4 ladies and they took 386 pages to do it in. Lone Star by Catherine Palmer, The Wedding Ring by Debra White Smith, Log Cabin Patch by Ginny Aiken, and Crosses and Losses by Peggy Stoks, each story naturally has the title quilt in the direction it will take. Yes, this is a feel good nice romantic book but there are also recipes and notes about the quilts included. Hey, it doesn't get any better than this....unless I had a chocolate bar too.



Where The Heart Is by Billie Letts, was one of the books chosen for Oprah's Book Club. I loved this one so much that Jay also bought it for me on tape so I could crash at night listening to it. This irresistible story won the Walker Percy Award and after you read it, it will win your heart also. It starts out with a 17 year old single pregnant girl that finds herself alone in a strange town. She has no idea how to take care of herself much less her unborn child, but she starts learning fast. You will find yourself trying to help her along her journey and crying when she does. But that is all I am going to tell you. This 376 page book can tell you in its own way.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love Billie Letts. I have a couple of her other books too. All enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this book also... one of my favorites! :)

    ReplyDelete

So glad you came by, tell me what you think about this place. I also would like to visit you, where did you come from?