Worm Facing Front Small stack of books Scared Worm Facing FRONT

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Am I A Pennypincher???

This book is one of those that you can just pick up, open it to any page and start reading. Yes it has categories but it is just as interesting to start reading anywhere in it. It is 393 pages full of recycling and redoing and reusing everything you can possibly think of. You know some people think that recycling is a new subject and we should all get behind this idea. Well, if you grew up in a house with siblings you already know what recycling is about. Those shorts, that skirt, those shoes, everything was passed from one child to another until there was no more wear left in them. Then we had garage sales or yard sales pop up, suddenly it is fashionable to wear jeans full of holes. You know when I was in school my Mother would have had a fit if anybody would have seen me in pants like that. But things have changed and we must change with them. Some changes are good like recycling and some .....maybe not so good. I am one of those that thinks if the jeans have holes in them cut them off for shorts, or make a tote bag out of them. But then I am tote bag nuts so what can I say. So I will end this post by saying that if you get the chance to pick up any of the Tightwad Gazette books, you really should. It is just chock full of letters and notes about any topic you could possibly think of that might make your little world easier to handle. Take care and go clean out your closet. That dress could be cut up and a couple of cute pillows made from the fabric, add some colorful buttons and.....

2 comments:

  1. This post was really interesting Molly. I think everyone is trying to improve with recylcing.But it's a throw away soceity isn't it? An awlful lot of waste. I just love how popular Thrifting is in the USA there certainly are some beautiful finds, so I've read in blogs.
    Have a good day!
    Hugs and Love Suex

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've said it before... It feels like a sickness, how I just can NOT throw anything out without looking at it and double checking in my mind "Is there something I can MAKE with this, before I throw it out?"... I set it aside somewhere for a week or so, but if nothing comes to mind, out it goes... Of course, a week later from THEN, I come up with an idea, and I'm mad that I threw it OUT!... ((hugs)) ~tina

    ReplyDelete

So glad you came by, tell me what you think about this place. I also would like to visit you, where did you come from?