
The Cake Mix Bible, okay who doesn't love cake? Well, you are in for a big surprise with this cookbook. In here they have you take a cake mix and make all sorts of great things with it. One of the things that my grandkids love are the cookies that I make with the mixes. Now you have to hear one of the recipes that I use all the time. Are you ready for the ingredients list? Got your paper and pencil ready? Okay, here goes: 1 cake mix your choice of flavor, 2 eggs, 1/2 c. oil, and 3/4 cup of oatmeal. That's it. How difficult is that? This book is 319 pages of changing the attitude that most people have about cake mixes. Personally I have no problem just using them as a cake, but some people feel that if you don't make the cake from scratch you aren't really a cook. I guess they've never seen that little face, with chocolate icing all over it, just smiling from ear to ear. When it comes to my family I just want to make them love what they are eating even if it did start out as a frozen bag of vegetables. Now how in the world did I get from cake to vegetables? It must have been the carrots. Did I save myself, huh?












Well, the piece of cake that is on the front cover already has me interested! (0; I remember once, in a pinch, making cookies from a devils food chocolate cake mix.. They weren't bad! I'd make them again sometime I think! ~tina
ReplyDeleteMolly, I have got to try your recipe.. it sounds so easy and delicious! And this book sounds pretty good too :)
ReplyDelete